Democrats Hate What Trump Is Highlighting about Them
President Donald Trump’s campaign strategy came into sharp focus during the State of the Union address, and the Democrats are horrified at the mirror held up to their faces.
The campaign strategy has three components. The president will tout the incredible record of achievement hidden by the media. He will engage in sustained and aggressive outreach to minority voters who have been victimized the most by Democrat policies. Finally, he will force the Democrats to defend the indefensible. It is those last two components that left the Democrats stuck on stupid.
Frozen Face, whose attempt to be the equivalent of the prepubescent heckler making fart noises behind the teacher’s back was somewhat stymied by her inability to show any emotion, clearly planned her in-kind contribution to the Republicans long before the speech.
She was transformed into the equivalent of a toddler angrily holding her breath on national television because she knows that every lethal word is scoring true while she is powerless to do a thing about it. The president has an amazing record to run on. She has her failed impeachment gambit and crazy pen ceremony, ensuring that House Democrats have nothing to run on.
Consider a few of the indefensible Democrat positions that were artfully highlighted:
1. Socialism. One of the best lines in a speech loaded with them was “Socialism destroys nations. But always remember: Freedom unifies the soul.” The president’s team will hammer this theme between now and the election. This issue creates a conundrum for Democrats in 2020. The younger core of the party, largely indoctrinated at Marxist educational factories, is pining for socialism and will tolerate nothing less. But many of the older voters they still need with a better understanding of history are horrified at the prospect. The president needs to drive this issue home in the hopes of reaching history-illiterate younger voters because America is nearing a disastrous tipping point on this issue. The speech also did a nice job of showing how socialism is an immediate threat to wiping out the private health plans of 180 million Americans.
2. Opposition to School Choice. Poorer Americans, many of them minorities, are harmed disproportionately when forced to send their children to failing schools. The Democrats, buried in the pockets of the teachers’ unions, have no room to maneuver on this issue. The fiscal argument also strongly favors school choice since it is costing more by the year to send kids to public schools. In the Northern Virginia area, where I live, it costs between $15,000 and close to $20,000, depending on the county, to educate each student every year. To spend that much to send students into often unsafe environments where they are certain to fail is ludicrous. As the president noted, “no parent should be forced to send their child to a failing government school.” My only quibble is that schools are failing only when examined from an American perspective, since they are doing exactly what Democrats want, which is cranking out postmodern anti-American anti-religious future Democrat voters by the truckload.
3. Favoring noncitizens over Americans. I’m not sure any issue so clearly illustrates Democrat extremism as this one. In a country where we are already borrowing at an obscenely unsustainable rate, the idea of committing to “free” health care for noncitizens is the very definition of asinine. Yet the Democrats fell over each other to box themselves into this corner during the earlier debates. There is now a fundamental divide between Republicans and Democrats, best viewed as pro-American and anti-American. One side views America as the greatest sovereign nation in the world, a beacon of liberty and freedom. The other side views it as an abomination, a patriarchal, colonial, and racist toxic brew that can be remedied only through apology tours, elevating foreigners over Americans, and having no borders. Thanks to academia’s influence, that message now reverberates beyond university faculty lounges. In the Democrat-dominated suburbs in Northern Virginia, there is barely an American flag in sight. In small towns in Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Ohio, it is almost an anomaly to drive by a house that doesn’t display a flag.
4. Late-term abortions. In my younger years, when I watched many of my close friends become Democrats, horror at abortion was the anchor that ensured I could never follow suit. Nobody could convince me that abortion was anything other than the murder of an unborn child, which by its nature denies Americans their lives and liberty. In a country where ultrasounds abound, there is no excuse for anyone not realizing that a third-term abortion is a horrible evil. President Trump has emerged, to the surprise of many, as America’s greatest president in espousing and advancing a culture of life. But running on the issue is also good politics. The Democrats’ position here is beyond extreme, which is why they howl whenever it is highlighted. Credit to the president’s team for pointing out the wonder of life in a child born at 21 weeks.
5. Support for “sanctuary” lawlessness. Favoring hardened criminals over citizens isn’t just radical; it is also stupid. As I’ve noted before, this is the issue that Republicans should be pounding in the suburbs. Suburbanites who may be uneasy at the tone of some of the president’s comments or tweets, particularly as spun by the media, will be horrified when they realize that their families are being put in real danger by a party that is for tossing rapists, drug-dealers, and murderers back into their midst. I live in one of these jurisdictions, so I’ve had a front-row seat to observe how quickly this can damage what were once model communities. Elections are binary propositions. There are plenty of people who don’t personally like the president who will vote for him when the other choice is somebody promising to put their families in danger.
6. Destruction of America’s Energy Industry. The president pointed to the incredible achievement of energy independence under his watch, a reality once thought impossible. This was a game-changer in that it provided a powerful economic boost to all Americans while also delivering a profound national security advantage, ensuring that America is no longer reliant on hostile regimes while weakening those regimes. Left unsaid was that the Democrats have all promised to destroy this industry, gutting the economy and returning America to the equivalent of an addict under the sway of malevolent drug-pushers.
This brilliant State of the Union address was bristling with optimism and was unabashedly pro-American. My vote for best line: “In just three short years, we have shattered the mentality of American decline, and we have rejected the downsizing of America’s destiny.” It was the perfect contrast between a party that believes that America’s best days are in front of it and a party that thinks it needs to accelerate and manage America’s decline for the good of the world.
The speech signaled the president will tout his record while going on the attack on these six key vulnerabilities for the Democrats. This is where the adoring Democrat media cocoon is about to smother them. Because national media members applauded and egged on these positions instead of challenging them, Democrat candidates raced to become Bernie-lite and left themselves out on an anti-American limb. It’s a little late to realize that voters won’t go for an inauthentic facsimile when a true believer is offering the same failed recipe.
The president will now serve Democrats the hemlock tea they ordered up with a smile, and no amount of robotically tearing up papers will save them.